Friday, March 30, 2007

I can't believe I didn't post earlier....

about Junior Worlds!

First of all, Junior Worlds was incredible. The performances in all of the disciplines, especially the ladies, were wonderful. Of the men, I really enjoyed Sergei Voronov and Patrick Chan, the bronze and silver medalists, respectively. I liked Voronov's traditional Russian style, and Chan, his edges and energy were mind-blowing. His short program was one of the best I've seen this year - senior or junior. I didn't really get Stephen Carierre, however. I won't deny he had the best free skate, but it really fell flat for me. Perhaps it was his music choice.

As for the ladies team, I was in complete awe of the American girls. Caroline, Mirai and Ashley were flawless. Their short and longs could have been competitive with the top seniors in the world. Mirai is extroverted and outgoing, and has a wonderful, advanced style. Caroline is balletic and graceful, perhaps one of the most balletic I have ever seen. Ashley goes all out in her performances, and it shows. Her technical ability seems to be almost better than her teammates. Still, I agree with the finish in Germany.

I didn't catch much of pairs, but I did see McLaughlin/Brubaker. Wonderful team.

I'll go into detail about senior worlds in a later post.

1 Comments:

Blogger  Sk8r Girl said...

Love your blog, make a stop at mine and leave a comment @
http://thetripleaxel.blogspot.com/

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home